7.08.2009

(I had to do it...) Boy Meets Boy--David Levithan


Haha, if you'd ever met me, you'd know that I may have the slightest obsession with David Levithan. And...so, I bet you can guess what I think about this book.
5/5 (Amazing!)
Alright, I've reviewed this book before on other websites, but they normally already had a summary, I just had to write if I liked it or not. (Oh, I liked it)
So, since summaries are not my strong point, I'm going to do the best I can! :P
This book is about Paul, a high school sophmore, and his friends. Paul likes Noah, and I think Noah likes Paul. So... crazy things happen. I mean, seriously, I am no good with summaries. Maybe I should've done The Realm of Possibility instead...(okay book, GREAT ending...)
Well...you know what?! THIS BOOK IS GOOD, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A SUMMARY TO DECIDE WHETHER TO READ IT OR NOT.
Ages 11 and up. Nothing wrong in this.
The writing is beautiful, the characters are amazing, the plot is good.
There is literally nothing wrong with this book.
And it's short, I read it in about three hours the first time, and 2 1/2 the second time. (The third time I don't remember...)
YEP, I have read this book four times.
This book opens your mind to what the world should be like, instead of the way we are, not really totally accepting gays, but not really not accepting them either. It shows that it should totally be okay for two guys/girls to fall in love an get married and just...be themselves.
You ever wonder why its so hard for people to come out? Yeah, the reason is because we say we're accepting them, but the truth is, we need to do more than that. We need to make it a normal thing for ads, commercials (like the e-harmony crap), and everything else to not think twice about putting two guys hugging or whatever in their billboards, commercials, whatever.
I think that David Levithan is a genius.
Here is my favorite interview with him: http://teenreads.com/authors/au-levithan-david.asp
Um...yep. I love him.
Life-long dream to meet him, he's totally my hero.
(well...other than Adam Lambert...)
So, yeah. I think I spent more time complaining than anything else on this one. Ha, alright, just know that ISNT going to happen again.
xxNataliexx

No comments:

Post a Comment