7.22.2009

The Perks of Being A Wallflower---Stephen Chbosky



5/5

Have you ever read a book that's made you really THINK? I don't mean think like, hey what just happened? This book is hard to follow...

I mean THINK, like What is the meaning of life? and a whole bunch of other pointless philosifical questons.

Philosifical is my word-I'm not crazy...

A book written in letters, each started with "Dear Friend," and signed by Charlie, this book makes you laugh, cry, freak out, have panic attacks, yell, scream, jump around, and at the end, smile. I'm not even exaggerating, I did all of this last night.

Charlie has an awful life, I'm not even going to lie. So many bad things happen to him. And so many bad things happen to all of his friends. And he just sits there and takes it. He doesn't fight, doesn't even talk much. He sits and he listens. And, I think that the entire point of this book is that you need to do more than just be there for other people. You also need to help them.

It was cute, it was horrible, it was sweet, it made me yell, it was AMAZING.

Not enough for my top 10, because those aren't really for the writing of books, those are for more of the...books I've really found entertaining. But, this book needs it's own list, because it was really great. Really.

So, the list it's on is called...

Books with Amazing Writing that Make you Think

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

As I read more books like this I'll put them on a list.

But I really just thought that that book deserved to be number 1 on SOMETHING, and it didn't uite make it to my favorites list :(

Ages 12+

I love all of you,

xxNataliexx

No comments:

Post a Comment